Monday, April 1, 2013

Communication Evaluation

   I enjoyed learning about my self and what others think of me when it comes to communication. These assessments have made me very aware of the communication skills I need to work on and the areas I need to become more effective when communicating. I need to learn to be less aggressive in my verbal style of communication. I do not want to come across as being argumentative or attack anyone in the communication process. This is not good because I do not want nor intend to offend anyone and I need to improve on my verbal style of communication. I also need to improve on becoming comfortable when talking in meetings or conferences’. I have always had communication anxiety when having formal meetings with strangers. I become much more at ease when I get to know the people involved, so I need to learn how to get rid of this communication anxiety. Lastly, I need to improve on my listen style because I do not want people to take advantage of me because I have poor judgment. However, I do want to maintain relationships and be an empathetic listener because I do care. I do not want to come across as being intimidating and hurt the feelings of my sensitive listeners. Again, I am more comfortable in a classroom with children rather than a conference room with strangers so I do see the need to get to know the parents, stakeholders and all involved to become a good listener and verbal communicator and try and work on limiting the anxiety when it comes to all forms of communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment